Recipe adapted on “La Cucina Italiana“.
- 9 smoked pancetta slices
- 9 chestnuts
- few rosemary sprigs
- 2 Tsp acacia honey
- 3 Tbspolive e.v.o. oil for pan frying
- Cut the chestnut, making the slit on the top just piercing the skin, We used a chestnut cutter, but a knife will do, then roast them in a pan (better if the pan is perforated, and the chestnuts roasted on the BBQ), for about 30 minutes.
- Let them cool a bit, then peel them and remove the skin, without breaking them.
- Place some rosemary sprigs on top of the roasted chestnut, a drop of olive oil, then wrap it in a slice of pancetta.
- Skewer roasted chestnut pancetta carefully making sure that the pancetta is held in place.
- Place three chestnuts rolled in pancetta on each skewer.
- In a frying pan, add 2 Tbsp e.v.o. oil and cook the skewers just long enough to brown the pancetta.
- Serve hot, drizzled with honey.
Don’t pass on the honey, it really brings this dish together!
- Serving Size: 3 servings