- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, rinsed, ends trimmed, rough outer leaves removed
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a cast iron pan with the garlic whole.
- Toss with extra virgin olive oil so that the sprouts are well coated. Sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper.
- Put Brussels sprouts in the oven and cook for about 18-20 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the sprouts get coated with the oil in the pan and evenly cooked.
- Remove cast iron from the oven, paying attention because it is heavy and hot and evenly drizzle with balsamic cream and chopped hazelnuts
- Return baking sheet to oven and bake for about 10 more minutes, or until sprouts are as browned and caramelized as desired.
- Serving Size: 3 side servings