- 2 cups Chioggia beets
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh or dried)
- 4 sage leaves (fresh or dried)
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp natural cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- 2 tsp breadcrumbs
- Trim, peel and wash beets, then boil for about 9-10 minutes. Drain and place on a roasting plate.
- Peel and chop the apple, then add it to the beets in the roasting plate.
- Sprinkle with thyme, add the sage leaves and chopped green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and dust with sugar.
- Add the e.v.o. oil and mix well.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Place in preheated oven at 400 ° F and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or to desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 2-3 side servings