- 6 medium size beets washed and peeled
- 8 mixed color carrots
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pinch of onion powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano, thyme, rosemary, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white truffle oil
- Cut beets and carrots into bite size pieces.
- Toss into a large bowl.
- Throw in onions.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper, onion powder and paprika.
- Add in garlic cloves, oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil.
- Mix well making sure to coat the beets and carrots well.
- Let sit for about 1/2 an hour in the fridge.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take out of fridge and place beets and carrots on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook till veggies are soft or a fork can pierce easily. Approx 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and place beets and carrot mixture in a bowl.
- Add in broken up goat cheese, remaining olive oil, lemon juice.
- Finish with a sprinkling of parsley, and a drizzle of the white truffle oil.
- Toss well.
- Ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 4 servings