Ricotta con Crema di Cime di Rapa. A play on texture and extraordinary flavor. Beautifully creamy rich ricotta meets earthy lemony pungent rapini cream. On a crostini or baguette, sheer heaven.
- 1 bundle of rapini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Tbsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 6-8 pitted kalamata olives
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 4 ounces of fresh good quality ricotta
- Cut the bottom of stems off about an inch. Clean any spoiled or bruised areas or leaves. Wash and drain in a colander.
- Place in a medium pot of boiling water and cook for 5-10minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and squeeze excess water out and place in a bowl to cool.
- In a food processor blend rapini, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, kalamata olives, chili flakes, and garlic. Taste for seasoning and texture.
- Season with salt and pepper, add more olive oil and lemon juice if it is too thick or until you achieve the consistency you want.
- Place ricotta in a small cheese basket or ramekin, press in firmly.
- Turn over on a serving dish.
- Spoon some of the Crema di Cime Rapa over.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top and around the plate.
- Cut up some baguette.
- Ready to serve
- If you want to make fresh homemade ricotta check out our recipe.
- If using store-bought, choose a good quality Italian ricotta.
- You may need more olive oil and lemon juice. Taste before and add if you want. Same goes for the seasoning.