- 1 cup red rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- 1lb broccolini greens (450 g)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Pinch of dried chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/8 cup of steaming water from broccolini
- Go through broccolini and take out any spoiled parts. Wash and let drain.
- Rinse red rice in water.
- In a small sauce pot place rice, sesame oil and stir. Saute the rice for 2 minutes at most.
- Add the water, season with salt, and bring to a boil on medium to high heat.
- Then, turn heat on low, place the lid on and cook for about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the liquid is just about evaporated I turn the heat off and keep the rice covered.
- While rice is cooking, take a large wok, pour in canola oil, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes, and bring to a medium to high heat.
- When garlic starts to sizzle throw in broccolini and toss well with the infused oil.
- Pour in veggie broccolini stock mix and cover, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Take cover off and with a spoon juices over veggies continuously braising the veggies nicely.
- When juices are reduced, about 8 minutes, take off heat.
- Place broccolini into a serving platter and pour juices over top.
- Fork rice again and place in a serving dish.
- Ready to serve.
The rice cooking time will vary depending on heat and liquid, taste the rice periodically and it should have a slight crunch to it.
- Serving Size: 4 servings