Red Kuri Squash & Peanut Butter Soup, a comforting bowl of exotic meets everyday peanut butter. As a result flavor....... flavor..................flavor!
Song of the day: "Winter Winds" by Mumford and Sons.
What to do with squash...............
Red Kuri Squash & Peanut Butter Soup, squash season is still in bloom and we have combined the richness of the Kuri squash with red curry, lemongrass, and peanut butter to give you an incredible feast of flavor and creamy texture that will have your tummy singing in praise. Don't know what to do with your squash right now? Check out this recipe. Easy, and oh so good!
Yes, you heard right, this soup is made with peanut butter being one of the ingredients. The combination of this household bread spread and the squash and spices leaves you with a rich-tasting soup that will definitely warm the cockles of your heart this winter season!
Our Shopping List for Red Kuri Squash & Peanut Butter Soup....................
This is what you are going to need:
- 1 Red Kuri Squash
- 2 leeks
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- peanut butter
- vegetable stock
How to build flavor..................
- First things first, we have to prep all the veggies, peel and dice the squash, chop the celery, onions, and basil.
- Secondly, heat up some peanut and sesame oil and start to sweat the onions, leeks, garlic, and celery.
- Thirdly, add in the squash, season with red curry paste, lemongrass, salt, and pepper.
- Fourthly, in goes the peanut butter and some chopped basil.
- Lastly, the vegetable stock and it just has to mingle for a while slow and low.
Let's get the creamy on for this Red Kuri Squash & Peanut Butter Soup.........................
This is how I get my soup so creamy. I add some heavy cream and then with a hand blender puree it till it is velvety and smooth. Look inside this pot, does that not look so good! I bet you want a bowl right now! If I could, I would share!
Let your inner artist out................
I love being creative. With that being said, I crushed some peanuts, thinned out some red curry paste, filled a squirt bottle with an olive oil mayo. The end result, a beautifully presented bowl of Red Kuri Squash & Peanut Butter Soup ready to be served!
Soup's on, come and get it......................
I am so ready to get all up and into this soup. My first spoonful has my mouth blown away. The richness of the squash and peanut butter is very prevalent, and furthermore the red curry, lemongrass, and that fresh basil offer some pretty tasty surprises as you dive in. I love the little bit of heat, too. Most of all, the nuttiness combined with the squash is a match made in heaven and the experience is like a beautiful waltz of texture and flavor!
Creativity is a must in my world. It energizes me and allows me to truly be who I am from the inside out. This soup is a reflection of how passionate I am about making great food that I like to see people enjoy. Take a chance, if you're not sure about the peanut butter, then try it, you have nothing to lose and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.
Nicoletta, who never tried this type of soup, fell in love with it and we have made it again another time. I am sure it will be on our table soon. I am eyeing a delicata squash, lol.
Song of the day: "Winter Winds" by Mumford and Sons.Print
Red Kuri Squash & Peanut Butter Soup
Red Kuri Squash & Peanut Butter Soup, squash season is still in bloom and we have combined the richness of the Kuri squash with red curry, lemongrass, and peanut butter to give you an incredible feast of flavor and creamy texture that will have your tummy singing in praise. Don't know what to do with your squash right now, check out this recipe. Easy and oh so good!
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: serves 4 people 1x
- 1 red kuri squash peeled, scooped, and diced
- 2 leeks washed and chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 basil leaves chopped
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- A heaping teaspoon of grated lemongrass
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp honey roasted peanuts crushed
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil mayo
- In a medium to large cast pot heat up peanut and sesame oil.
- Throw in onions, celery, leeks and garlic. Let that sweat for 5 minutes.
- Toss in diced squash and stir. Add in curry paste, lemongrass and blend well 2 minutes.
- Now time for the peanut butter and when it has coated all the veggies and become smooth add in vegetable stock. Let that simmer 30 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream and then with a hand blender puree until smooth and creamy. Taste and season with salt and white pepper.
- Blend oil and red curry paste until well incorporated.
- Place mayo in a squirt bottle.
- Ladle soup and spoon some red curry oil.
- Sprinkle some crushed peanuts at the bottom and finish with some nice drops of mayo.
Ready to serve!
- If you can't find the red kuri squash use butternut or acorn squash it will be just as good.
- If you don't want too much spice, back off on the amount of red curry paste.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: soup, curry, red kuri squash, peanut butter, leeks, celery, onions, garlic, seasonal,
When I am not cooking, I enjoy playing musical instruments, singing, writing. I have learned over the years to live in gratitude and enjoy the moment.
Matt - Total Feasts says
I was so intrigued by the title that I just has to read more. Squash and peanut butter ?! Who knew! It sounds so delicious!
Thanks Matt. It is a combination that just has my taste buds intrigued every time I make it. The sweet/spice of the squash paired with those Asian flavors and topped with the smooth nutty peanut butter is just so delish!
I hope you get to try it!
How much lemongrass to add, since it’s not listed in the ingredient list, only the instructions?
Hi Susan, sorry about that. You would add 1 heaping teaspoon of grated lemongrass. Thanks for letting us know!