- 1 can red kidney beans (about 320 g)
- 2 mini sweet peppers, yellow, red
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, about 2 Tbsp
- 1 small cucumber
- a handful of mint leaves
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup feta
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tbsp evo oil
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the red kidney beans and rinse. Place in a large bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, basil and mint leaves.
- In a small bowl add extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar and lemon juice. Whisk well to combine.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, dice the peppers, cucumbers, and onions. Add to the beans and toss.
- Sliver the basil and mint leaves, then add to the bowl. Toss.
- Crumble the feta on top and add the lemon vinaigrette.
- Toss again, taste for seasoning, and serve.
You can add or switch vegetables/herbs as you most like. You could use tuna instead of feta.
You can omit the feta to keep it vegan or use a vegan cheese.
It keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container until the next day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: red kidney beans, salad, feta, lemon vinaigrette, mint, summer, basil,