- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 jam jar of your choice (I used raspberry)
- icing sugar for the topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchement paper.
- In two different bowls separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Beat the egg whites to form a stiff peak.
- Beat the egg yolkes with the sugar until a foamy creamy consistency.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder to the yolk mixture.
- Delicately incorporate the egg whites to the egg/flour mixture.
- Pour the batter onto the pre-lined baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven on middle rack for about 10 minutes or until Golden brown.
- Place the cake on a damp towel and remove the parchment paper from the top.
- Roll the cake lenghtwise with the help of the damp towel and let cool.
- When it has cooled off, delicately unroll the cake and spread the jam on top.
- With the same delicacy roll the cake again onto itself.
- Cut the ends and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serving Size: 8 portions