- 1–1/4 cups all-purpose flour + 1/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (or milk)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flours, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar until they’re mixed together. Add oil, ricotta and milk and give another whisk.
- Pour the mixed dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk again lightly.
- Finally, add the fresh or frozen raspberries and using a spatula, mix it lightly.
- Pour the cake batter in 6 round mini cakes pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for a few minutes, then fip the mini cakes over, arrange on a plate and decorate, if desired, with whipping cream and raspberries on top.