Recipe adapted from: "Pretty Delicious" by Candice Kumai.
- 1 bundle rainbow Swiss chard
- 2 Tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Wash and trim the Swiss chard, then place it in a pot of boiling water. Blanche it for few minutes, drain and set aside.
- Toast the pepitas in a small skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan often, until fragrant, tasty brown and plump, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and cook, stirring often until it begins to soften, 3 minutes. Stir in the chard and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the golden raisins and turn off the heat.
- Turn the greens onto a serving platter, sprinkle with lemon juice and the pepitas over the top and serve.
- Serving Size: 3 servings