- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 8 mixed cherry tomatoes (red/yellow/green), halved
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 3 dried apricots, slivered
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 green onion
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp extra virgil olive oil
- 1 tsp avocado oil
Orzo and Cheese melt:
- 1/8 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano regianno cheese
- 1/8 cup of Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 table spoon panko crumbs
- In a pot bring 3 cups of water to boil.
- Add salt to water.
- Pour in orzo and cook for about 12 minutes or until al dente in texture.
- Drain and cool, place in a bowl.
- While orzo is cooling add some olive oil to keep them from sticking together.
- In another pot bring 2 cups of water to boil and salt water.
- Toss in edamame and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool then toss in bowl with orzo.
- Wash canned chickpeas and drain well, toss in with orzo.
- Rinse off capers washing all the excess salt and add to orzo.
- Add tomatoes and artichoke hearts, and green onion.
- Chop up some fresh basil and sprinkle on top.
- Toss all ingredients together till well blended.
- Add avocado oil, and just a splash of the artichoke marinade.
- Squeeze in the mayo.
- A sprinkling of salt and pepper but watch the amount of salt because the capers and artichokes are salty to begin with.
- Toss well again, ready to serve.
Orzo and Cheese Melt:
- Take orzo pasta and place in a bowl.
- Add coconut milk, melted butter, grated parmigiano, and just some of the grated Asiago.
- Toss in some of the panko and bread crumbs leaving some for the topping.
- Mix well and pour into a baking dish or single ramekins.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Top orzo mixture with remaining Asiago cheese and dust with remaining panko and breadcrumbs.
- Place in oven on the middle rack and bake till nice and golden brown on top.
- Approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
For Orzo and cheese melt, prep time is about 15 minutes and cook time about 30 minutes.