Quick and Delish Cauliflower with Lemon Caper Butter. Don't know what to do with that cauliflower sitting in the fridge? How about steaming it and tossing it in lemon and furthermore, adding capers, and olives? This is a side dish that packs some wonderful flavor and texture!
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets and washed
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tbsps capers
- 8 Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Pinch of salt, pepper, and paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Toss in cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes or until fork tender. If using a steamer it may take longer.
- In a sauté pan throw in the butter, capers, olives, garlic, and chili flakes. Turn heat to a medium and melt butter stirring to incorporate all the ingredients. Turn off heat.
- Drain the cauliflower and place it in the pan with the butter sauce. Season with salt, pepper and paprika and gently toss. Taste again for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and serve.
You can use a vegetable steamer to cook the cauliflower. It may take a bit longer to get it to the texture you want.
You could substitute the Kalamata olives with anchovies to get the same umami. Give it a try!
- Category: side dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: cauliflower, evo oil, garlic, side dish, Mediterranean cuisine, capers, Kalamata olives, vegetarian, lemon,