- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 8 ounce container of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (about 7 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ginger molasses cookies, crumbled
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Divide egg whites from egg yolks and put whites in a medium bowl and yolks in a large heatproof bowl. Add ¼ cup sugar to whites and ¼ cup to yolks.
- Place bowl of egg yolks over a double boiler or saucepan filled with boiling water. Cook over boiling water for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Blend pumpkin puree, spices and mascarpone until combined well. Add to bowl of yolks and mix well.
- Beat whites until stiff peaks form. Add to pumpkin and egg yolk mixture a little at a time, folding whites in gently until combined. Repeat until whites are completely incorporated.
- Whip cream until light and fluffy. Add whip cream to a pastry bag. Add pumpkin mascarpone mixture to another pastry bag.
- Crumble cookies into chunks. Place few crumbles to bottom of 6 glasses.
- Pipe a layer of whip cream over cookies, then a layer of pumpkin mixture, then another layer of cookies, then another layer of whip cream and pumpkin mixture. Garnish with a quarter piece of cookie and a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Place in the fridge to set for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings in medium/big glasses