- 1 cup (25 g) rice puffs
- 1/2 cup (75 g) dates
- 1/2 cup (125 g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (90 g) dark chocolate chips
- Pour boiling water over your dates and leave them to soak for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the drained, pitted dates, almond butter and maple syrup and blend until thick and creamy.
- Transfer the date mixture to a bowl, add the rice puffs and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture out in a small baking pan or tin lined with parchment paper.
- Place it in the freezer while you melt the chocolate over a bain-marie (double boiler).
- Once the chocolate is melted, take the pan/tin from the freezer and pour it out over the puffed rice/date mixture.
- Place it back in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened completely, then slice into little squares.
- Store in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes