Pressure cooker Pork tenderloin, unbelievably tender and succulent, flavored with 12 ingredients giving this loin an incredible back drop of Asian meets comfort cooking goodness!
- 1 kg pork tenderloin
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp grated lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 small purple onions, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 large carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine in a bowl vegetable stalk, red wine, hoisin sauce, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley, paprika, coriander, sage, sesame oil, lemon grass,apple cider vinegar.
- Take one clove of garlic press it to release some of the garlic juices and put into marinade.
- Place tenderloin into a glass dish and pour marinade over, cover and put in fridge overnight.
- Take pork tenderloin out of marinade letting excess liquid drip off.
- Have a saute pan nice and hot on the stove top, and place loin into it searing all sides of the pork nicely golden brown.
- In a pressure cooker place the marinaded pork tenderloin.
- Cut up the purple and white onions and place in pressure cooker with tenderloin.
- Dice up celery and carrots and add to pressure cooker ingredients.
- Throw in bay leaves.
- Pour left over marinade in marinating dish over pork loin and veggies.
- Close and seal lid on pressure cooker.
- Place on stove top high heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Release all the pressure from the pressure cooker.
- Take the pork tenderloin out of cooker and let drain for a few minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to around 400° F.
- Place tenderloin on grill and turn frequently, until all sides have crisped up and caramelized.
- Take off grill and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Place all the juices of the pressure cooker into a saute pan.
- On barbecue side burner on med to high heat, simmer juices until reduced and thickened about 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Cut pork tenderloin into 1/2 cm slices.
- Place a few slices on plate staggered.
- Drizzle jus onto pork tenderloin slices.
- Serve with whatever vegetable you like. We served it with roasted veggies and sauteed homegrown organic green beans.
I have not included the marinating time in the prep time. I marinated it over night.