Petite Peach Ginger Streusel Pies. The sweet peaches and zesty ginger are a match made in heaven for these lovely and delicious mini pies. The macadamia streusel marries perfectly with the overall flavors and brings a delightful crunchy texture. Fresh or frozen peaches can be used.
- one ball of pie dough, for my homemade, here
- 1/3 cup spelt flour (or any other flour you like)
- 1/4 cup coconut or cane sugar
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 4 peaches, peeled and chopped, fresh or frozen*
- 1/4 cup cane -or coconut- sugar
- 1 Tbsp spelt flour (or any other flour)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200°C). Butter and flour the mini pie pan.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick. With a round cutter, cut out 6 5-inch-diameter circles.
- Gently push the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
For the streusel
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, macadamia nuts, salt, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and mix the ingredients with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
For the filling
- Peel and cut the peaches into bite-size pieces. Place them in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the peaches with lemon juice and ginger.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the flour, and sugar. Add to the peaches and toss until evenly distributed.
- Divide the filling equally among the mini pie cups. Add about 1 tablespoon of streusel over the top of each mini pie.
- Place the mini pie pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the pies are golden.
- Let them cool in the pan before carefully removing them from the cups.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, plain or with ice cream/gelato.
*If using frozen peaches, make sure to thaw them for at least 1 hour before making the filling.
You can use a store-bought pie dough or an all-butter puff pastry sheet.
According to the size of your pie dough, you might make more or less mini pies. Also, if using a regular 12-cup muffin tin, instead of the 6-cup mini pie pan set I used.
- Category: Dessert, pies
- Method: Baking
Keywords: peach, macadamia nuts, dessert, ginger, butter, cinnamon,