- 250g organic firm cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Rocoto peppers sliced into slivers
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Garnishing and interior:
- 1 ripe avocado cut into thin slices
- 4 slices toast
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, fresh chopped chives, salt and pepper.
- Blend well and set bowl in fridge.
- In a small sauce pan blend water and sugar.
- Bring to a low boil and continually stir.
- When the mixture starts to turn a light brown, toss in peppers and stir. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until mixture becomes thick.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar and stir well cooking till mixture thickens again about 3-4 minutes.
- Take off heat, spoon peppers into a dish and let cool.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap about 14 inches x 16 inches onto a counter.
- Take cream cheese and spread into a rectangle, keeping a 1/4 inch thickness throughout.
- Place caramelized peppers all along the center of the rectangle.
- Take the sliced avocado and place it on top of the peppers.
- Starting from the long side, bring the cream cheese to the avocado and peppers releasing it from the plastic wrap.
- Go to the opposite long side and do the same bringing the cream cheese to the center.
- Continue to roll the cream cheese till the plastic wrap has surrounded the roll.
- Place on a plate or board and place in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Take out of fridge. Unwrap the plastic.
- Cut into thick maki like pieces.
- Serve on toast.
Allow 3 hours for setting time in the fridge.
- Serving Size: serves 4