- 800 g (1 can) San Marzano Tomatoes D.O.P., crushed or pureed
- 4 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tsp peperoncino (chili flakes) or more depending on what kind of heat you want
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 400 g pennette (or penne) pasta
- In a saute pan over medium heat fry the olive oil with a full crushed garlic clove.
- When the garlic is golden, add the chili flakes, and the tomatoes.
- Add some chopped parsley, season with salt and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime cook your pasta in plenty of salted boiling water and according to manufacturer’s suggested cooking times.
- Scoop the al dente pasta out of the cooking water and add to the tomato sauce, letting the sauce coat the pasta. If the sauce is still warm there is no need to turn on heat. Otherwise, turn it on low just for a minute to warm it up.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
The pasta cooks while the sauce is being made, so they’re both ready at the same time. Be aware of the cooking time of the pasta and cook accordingly.
- Serving Size: 4 servings