- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic whole
- 1/2 big zucchini (or 1 small)
- 1/2 big yellow zucchini (or 1 small)
- 6 zucchini blossoms, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 180 g penne
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- Put a pot of salted water on boil.
- Drizzle avocado oil in a sauté pan, add chopped onion, garlic, and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add sliced zucchini, and sauté for few minutes, then add the shredded zucchini blossoms. Cook vegetables until desired tenderness, about 10 minutes, then remove the garlic whole.
- While vegetables are cooking, put pasta into the boiling salted water and cook for the required time as per package instructions.
- Drain pasta and toss into sauté pan with vegetables and sprinkle with some of the grated parmigiano. Mix well so the pasta is coated with the vegetable “sauce”.
- Place in bowl and add a dollop of pesto on top. Sprinkle some more parmigiano and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 servings