Penne with Zucchini and Mushrooms. This pasta dish incorporates vibrantly green zucchini and earthy mushrooms, combined with some garlic, olive oil, white truffle oil, and a bite of spicy chili flakes. Finished with the usual generous grating of Parmigiano and a sprinkle of parsley.
- 250 g penne pasta
- 1 small onion
- 1 and 1/2 medium zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups Crimini mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch of peperoncino (dried chili peppers)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- a few drops white truffle oil
- a couple sprigs chopped parsley
- splash of white wine
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- Wash and dice zucchini and mushrooms.
- Mince garlic
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. While waiting for water to boil sauté the garlic and peperoncini in olive oil.
- Add onions, diced zucchini and mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine and let dissipate.
- Place pasta in boiling water. While pasta is cooking finish off vegetables in pan with a few drops of white truffle oil.
- Drain pasta and toss in pan with vegetables adding a little of the cooking water as needed.
- Finish with grated Parmigiano and parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Ready to serve.
- Cook pasta for a minute sooner than the allocated time on the package . Finish in the pan.
- When buying pasta look for those pastas that have a rougher texture. This will give you incredible flavor as the sauce really mingles with the pasta.
- The white truffle oil is an option. If you like it then put it in if not leave it out, it will be equally as good!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: penne, crimini mushroom, zucchini, onions, garlic, white wine, e.v.o. oil, white truffle oil, red chili flakes, parmigiano reggiano,