I don’t think there is a day that I wouldn’t love a plate of Penne Pasta. Today, with some nice vegetables like Asparagus and Mushrooms, perfect for spring.
- 200 grams Penne rigate pasta
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 2 small yellow onions
- 1 bundle of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 5 chanterelle mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a large pot bring water and salt to boil, tasting the water for saltiness.
- Take asparagus and cut off stems about 1-2 inches, wash and put in boiling water, cook for about 8 minutes, take out of water and place on cutting board, cutting at a diagonal 2 inch pieces.
- In a sautée pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil and bring to a medium to high heat.
- Toss in onions and garlic, sauté for a bit then add mushrooms and asparagus.
- Salt and pepper to taste then add white wine and stir till wine dissipates.
- Add in the truffle oil, a quick toss and then take off heat.
- Place Penne into the boiling water that the asparagus was boiled in.
- Cook pasta as per instructions on package. I usually taste the pasta a few minutes before to make sure it is a bit undercooked as I will finish it in the pan with the vegetables.
- Drain pasta and leave just a bit of water.
- Place sautéed vegetables on heat again, add pasta and water and cook till water dissipates.
- Finish dish with a drizzle of olive oil, a dusting of parmigiano, and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- You’re set.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of either red or white wine of your choice (I had it with a homemade Merlot 2014).
- Serving Size: 2 servings