Pear, Bacon, and Taleggio Tartine. If you like grilled cheese then you are going to adore this open-faced melted cheese, with pear and bacon with a whole lot of texture and flavor. Now that's a beautiful Tartine!
- 1 pear
- 2 tsp butter
- pinch of cardamon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 slices of good rustic bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp blueberry jam
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- 400 g Taleggio cheese
- a handful of chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp blueberry jam
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Peel, core and slice pears into thin wedges.
- Heat 2 tsp butter in a cast pan and toss in pears.
- Season with some sugar, cinnamon, and cardamon.
- Saute for 2 minutes a side or until they start to turn golden on the surface. Take off heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Take the bread slices and butter one side.
- Mix the mayo and jam and spread it on the other side of the bread.
- Place the bread butter side down on a baking sheet and put 2 slices of bacon on each slice.
- Layer some slices of Taleggio on top of the bacon, followed by the sauteed pear wedges.
- Top with some more Taleggio and a sprinkling of chopped walnuts.
- Place Tartines in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is all melted and golden!
- Take out of the oven.
- Mix the blueberry jam and maple syrup until it is smooth and slightly runny.
- Drizzle with a spoon onto the top of the tartines.
- Ready to serve.
- You can use any jam you have on hand.
- Use a bread with a good crust.
- The bacon could be optional if you are vegetarian. You could also use coconut bacon if you wanted.
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: tartine, pears, Taleggio cheese, crusty bread, mayo, jam, breakfast, french food, walnuts, oven baked, butter, bacon, organic