- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 – 2 cups sliced, pitted and peeled peaches (about 4)
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- Place 1/4 cup butter in an 9-inch baking pan. Warm in a 350 degrees oven about 5 minutes or until butter is melted. (Be sure to watch carefully to avoid browning the butter). Remove pan from oven.
- Add brown sugar, stirring until sugar is completely moistened. Spread sugar mixture evenly in pan. Arrange peach slices evenly over brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter. Beat in granulated sugar until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to beaten butter mixture just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly over the peaches in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto a large serving plate. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 8 servings