For the pastry
- 250 g unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 50 g vegetable shortening
- 150 g butter (cold, diced)
- 125 g sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g cornmeal
For the fruit
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla powder
- 3 peaches
- 1 punnet blackberries
- maple sugar for sprinkling
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place all the pastry ingredients except the sour cream.
- Blitz on the pulse setting until the butter and shortening are cut in and the pastry resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the sour cream and pulse until the pastry just comes together.
- Form the pastry into a round disc and wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- For the fruit, cut the peaches into wedges and place in a bowl with the blackberries. Toss with the sugar and bourbon vanilla powder.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured work surface and roll a circle about the size of a dinner plate.
- Place the fruit in the middle of the pastry leaving a 2-inch border around the edge of the tart.
- Fold the pastry edges up and overlap where necessary.
- Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 10-12 servings