- 1 3/4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of leftover fried peas and onions
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon chives choped
- 1 tablespoon of parsley chopped
- Dash of paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups mixed greens and edible flowers of your choice
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Goji berries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of wasabi paste
- Dash of Salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix mashed potatoes, peas, chives, parsley,flour, and 1 egg.
- Add salt, pepper, and paprika, mix well.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and dust with flour.
- Flour hands slightly and scoop a heaping tablespoon of mixture into your hands and form into a round patty.
- Place patties on flour dusted parchment paper and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Take patties out of fridge.
- In a bowl crack 2 remaining eggs salt and pepper till whites and yolks are well blended.
- In another bowl pour in the 2 cups of bread crumbs.
- Take the patty, coat well with egg mixture then place in bread crumbs and bread well.
- Place breaded fritters into the fridge again for 1 hour.
- In a deep frying pan heat up 3 cups of canola oil to around 350° F.
- Place fritters carefully into the oil and cook for about 4 minutes turning them over to cook for another 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of oil letting any excess oil drip off and place on a plate with some paper towel.
- For the Salad: In a nice sized salad bowl toss in mixed greens and edible flowers.
- Sprinkle in green onion and Goji berries.
- For the Dressing: In a small bowl blend with a whisk olive oil, mustard, mayo, wasabi, balsamic vinegar and whipped honey.
- Add in some crushed sea salt and crushed black pepper.
- Mix again with a whisk.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Plate fritters and salad.
- Ready to serve.
Do not put too many fritters in the pan for frying. They are very delicate and you have to turn them very carefully.
- Serving Size: 4 servings