So many great things you can do with a head of cauliflower! We turned this humble vegetable into an enjoyable experience: beautiful morsels of crispy, crunchy, cheesy, baked popcorn cauliflower. A dip on the side and your Panko and Asiago Crusted Popcorn Cauliflower appetizer is served!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- a pinch of paprika
- a dash of onion powder
- a dash of garlic powder
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Trim leaves off of cauliflower. Cut cauliflower into small pieces, wash and drain well.
- In a bowl crack eggs in and beat well.
- Add salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine panko crumbs, Italian bread crumbs, grated Asiago, and Parmigiano.
- Take cauliflower pieces and place in egg wash.
- Drain excess egg and place cauliflower into crumb mixture.
- Coat well and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cauliflower into the oven and bake till golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl mix mayo and sweet chili sauce, then squeeze sriracha on top of mayo sweet chili sauce mixture.
- Take cauliflower out of the oven and place it in a dish with a small ramekin of the dipping sauce by its side.
- Ready to serve.
If you have some leftover you can freeze them and reheat them in the oven when you're ready to use them again.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: ovenbaked
- Cuisine: vegetarian
Keywords: cauliflower, panko crumbs, Italian style breadcrumbs, Asiago cheese, Parmigiano cheese, eggs, oven baked, vegetarian, appetizer, oven baked,