- 6 cups flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1cup of canola oil
- 1 pouch of yeast
- 2 tablespoons anise seeds or you can use anisette liquor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Warm up milk.
- Place the pouch of yeast into the milk and let rise a bit.
- Wisk eggs, sugar, oil, anise seeds, or anisette, vanilla, lemon extract.
- Mix in milk and yeast mixture.
- Add a little flour at a time till it becomes hand workable.
- On a lightly sprinkled board work dough into a smooth pliable consistency.
- Cover with a few dish towels and let sit over night.
- In the morning cut up dough and work into round pieces and braid together bringing the two ends form into a circle and place on a baking sheet.
- Cover with some light towels keeping them warm.
- Let rise 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Carefully place the baking sheets with the bread into the oven (don't want the rise to fall).
- Bake 15 minutes in a convection oven or 25 minutes in a regular oven.
- Take out of oven and let cool fully before putting it in a plastic bag.