- 2 cups orecchiette
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced and peeled carnival squash
- 1 bundle rapini
- 1/4 cup of lardo (or pancetta) minced
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cut squash in half, then into wedges. Next dice wedges into bite size pieces.
- Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, clove of garlic.
- Place on a parchment line baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375° F till squash can be pierced with a fork.
- Take out of oven and set aside.
- Clean and cut lower section of stem.
- Place rapini in a pot of boiling salted water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In another bot of boiling salted water add orecchiette and cook to a few minutes before suggested cook time.
- In a medium saute pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and chili flakes, and heat to a medium to high setting.
- Toss in lardo and render till slightly translucent.
- Toss in the rapini and saute for about a minute.
- Add in squash and again stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Throw in orecchiette and toss in pan making sure to blend all ingredients well.
- Finish with a nice drizzle of olive oil and a dusting of parmigiano, and a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds and we are ready to eat!
To make this dish vegetarian just skip the lardo (or pancetta).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 servings