Orecchiette with Rapini and Sausage, is a full meal deal all in one dish. Beautiful pasta tossed with wonderfully sauteed sausage and rapini dusted with some Pecorino Romano to finish the plate. Visually beautiful, aromatically alluring, and so so tasty. Try it tonight!
- 1 bundle rapini
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cipolline onions, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch of peperoncino
- 260 g Mild Italian sausage meat
- 200 g Orecchiette pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Clean rapini, wash and boil in salted water for 7 minutes.
- Take out of water and let drain, keep the pot with the water that the rapini cooked in for later.
- In a saute pan, drizzle in olive oil, throw in garlic after pressing it a bit to release the oils.
- Toss in onion and saute for 2 minutes till translucent.
- Add in Italian sausage meat and saute for 10 minutes breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the pot of water that the rapini cooked in to a boil. Throw in orecchiette and cook for 9 minutes or what the package says.
- When the meat begins to brown a bit add in rapini however cut it up with some scissors before placing it in the pan, and sprinkle in peperoncino.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Toss in pasta and blend bring to medium heat. Take off heat and it is ready to serve.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a grating of Pecorino Romano.
- If you can’t find rapini use broccolini.
- Watch the seasoning as Italian sausage usually is pretty salty.