Here I am, back to business, finally baking. I missed the mess in my kitchen when I bake, the mixture of flour, eggs, sugar, the sweet aroma of the vanilla, the warmth of the oven. Baking is comforting and relaxing, cozy and familiar. Like an old friend, that when you leave him for some time, you know you’ll find him there when you’re back. Waiting for you. Like my husband, my best friend, that is on the other side of the world, waiting for me to be back… And it won’t be long….
So this cake has the bittersweet taste of memories…
In this simple, soft, fragrant Orange Ginger Yogurt Bundt Cake, the yogurt and orange create a wonderful tangy balance to it’s sweetness. And the yogurt and oil (instead of butter) are the key to the moistness of the cake. The smell coming from the kitchen is sweet and orangy, with a hint of vanilla and ginger.
Have it with a cup of tea, sprinkle it with icing sugar and accompany it with fruit of your choice.
You’re going to love this one.Print
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 170 g peanut oil
- 330 g flour
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- the zest of some ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 small plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- butter to coat the bundt pan
- In a medium bowl break eggs, add the sugar and beat them together until fluffy and creamy.
- Combine the oil little by little to the mixture, then continued to work the mixture until it is well blended. Now add the sifted flour, juice and orange zest, ginger zest, vanilla, yogurt, a pinch of salt and finally the sifted baking powder.
- Get a baking pan shaped like a donut, coat the pan with butter and flour so that it does not stick, pour the mixture and then bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, take out of the oven, and let it cool on a rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with some fruit and a cup of tea.
Disclosure: All links in our post are NOT affiliate links. They are only about products or places we normally purchase and like.