One Pot Curried Squash and Bean Stew. This is health in a bowl, all great ingredients simmering in a pot to a hearty, delicious, luxurious, end result, bowl of pure goodness!
- 1 Carnival squash
- 2 small purple cipolline onions minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- pinch of dried red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp each onion, garlic, and paprika powder
- 1 can mixed beans
- 1 tsp green curry
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- small can of coconut milk or coconut cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Prepping the Carnival squash
- Break the stem off the squash and cut in half. Scoop out all the seeds and pulp.
- Cut squash into wedges following the ridges of the squash as a guide. Pell the skin off and cut into nice bite size pieces. Continue this until all squash is cut up. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a crock pot or large soup pot drizzle in olive oil. Toss in garlic, onion, red chili flakes. Turn on heat to medium and stir. Saute for about 2 minutes then add a pat of butter. Season with salt, pepper, onion, garlic and paprika powder. Stir again.
- Throw in celery, red pepper, and squash stir until well incorporated, then add in beans. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock and stir. Partially cover, turn heat down a bit, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Time to add the coconut cream, a good stir, and then partially cover again. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!
You could use delicata, butternut, acorn, or even a red kury squash instead of the carnival.
If you want it spicier, add more green curry or red chili flakes.
Chicken stock would also work for the broth.
- Category: Soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: carnival squash, green curry, green onion, coconut cream, vegetable stock, red pepper, purple cippolini,, garlic, cilantro,