One Pan Roasted Vegetable and Shrimp , a dish full of summer flavor and color and one that I have been waiting for a very long time. The colors give me nothing but smiles and hunger pains. I can’t leave out the aroma that fills our kitchen and house. Sweet peppers, caramelized garden onions, zucchini, eggplant, and not to mention the succulent shrimp. Absolutely mouthwatering!
For the Bulgur Quinoa Blend:
- 125 g Bulgur & Quinoa Blend (or any other grains you like)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- a good pinch of salt
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small Chinese eggplant
- 2 peppers, yellow and red
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on
- pinch of oregano, rosemary, marjoram, tarragon
- a few sage and basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- e.v.o. oil
For the shrimp:
- 8 fresh black tiger shrimp
- 1 Tbsp evo oil
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed
- a dash of paprika, white pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1 basil leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- e.v.o. oil
- fresh chopped parsley
For the Quinoa Bulgur blend:
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the quinoa bulgur blend to the boiling water and stir. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove saucepan and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
For the Vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Wash vegetables and slice or cut into -more or less- the same size and thickness.
- Drizzle 1 tsp each evo oil on two large baking sheets and spread to coat pan. Arrange sliced/cut vegetables on the sheet. Sprinkle with fresh or dried herbs, salt and pepper, bread crumbs and drizzle with evo oil.
- Set in the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave the heat on.
- Peel, de-vein and wash shrimp. Pat dry with some paper towel and toss into a bowl.
- Drizzle in olive oil and all the herbs and spices and toss till well incorporated.
- Place in hot oven on a baking tray and roast for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place in pan with roasted vegetables and back into hot oven for another 8 minutes. Take out of oven.
- Place some quinoa & bulgur into a bowl.
- Arrange some of the roasted vegetables and shrimp on top/side and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh chopped parsley
- Ready to serve.
- The vegetables and shrimp could be done on a barbecue on a perforated pan.
- We use organic ingredients however you can use whatever you have or can find.