- 125 g (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 114 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 110 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 g (a little less than 1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 150 g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- 150 g (3/4 cup) milk or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Put the butter in a stand mixer bowl. Cream on medium speed for a couple minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Cream for another 2 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and mix until well incorporated. Turn the mixer down to low and add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer still on low add the rolled oats and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, a spoon or your hands, shape the dough into 2-inch balls. Place on the lined baking sheets 3 inches apart and flatten them to about 1 inch thick.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned on the edges.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy with a glass of milk.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes