- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cut in chunks (or chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, organic, free run, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other milk you like)
- Preheat oven to 450° F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the oat flour, chocolate chunks, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- In another bowl whisk together maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, and milk. Mix well until fully combined.
- Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring just until combined, do not over work.
- Scoop the batter (it won't be too thick) in the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400° F and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let the muffins cool completely in the muffin tin, before placing them on a rack.
If you use an egg replacement these muffins are also vegan. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can freeze them, too. They'll last in a freezer bag stored in your freezer for 1 month.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes