- 2 eggs, separated
- 120 g sugar, divided in two
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- icing sugar for the dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of an electric mxer, beat together the 2 egg yolks with 60 g sugar until foamy and smooth (3-4 minutes).
- In another bowl beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, adding slowly the remnant 60 g sugar until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula add gently the beaten egg whites to the egg yolk mixture.
- Finally sift the flour into the mixture and blend delicately with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter onto the lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Invert the baking sheet onto a damp kitchen towel, remove the baking sheet and peel the parchment paper
- Spread the Nutella evenly on top.
- Roll it onto itself with the help of the towel and let it cool.
- Once cooled, dust with icing sugar.
The pasta biscuit is better the first or second day it is baked, then it becomes less soft and more crunchy, but still very good!
- Serving Size: about 10 portions