Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast. These days people have no choice but have family time. Endless days and nights together, as a result, it could be stressful and aggravating. However, I know what would help eliminate that. How about this morning getting into the kitchen together and preparing a festive brunch. I don’t know about you, but brunch sounds pretty spectacular, especially with this dish gracing the lineup!
- 4 slices couple days old bread
- 3 teaspoons Nutella
- 3 teaspoons crunchy butter
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon rum cream (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dusting powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries and blueberries
- Take 2 bread slices and spread Nutella on each slice.
- Spread peanut butter out on the other 2 slices.
- Slice up banana in thin round slices and put onto peanut butter slathered bread.
- Put together two slices like a sandwich.
- Whisk in a bowl cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, rum cream.
- Place the bread into the batter.
- Take out and let excess batter drip off.
- Heat up butter in a pan and place the french toast sandwiches on to the pan.
- Cook till golden brown about 10 minutes, and turn over.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Serve with yogurt and berries.
Ready to serve!
The rum cream is optional you don’t have to put it in.
You can find all kinds of hazelnut spread, just buy a good quality one.
If someone has a nut allergy use jam, really good too!