Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast: These days people have no choice but have family time. Endless days and nights together as a result could be stressful and aggravating. However, I know what would help eliminate that. How about this morning getting into the kitchen together and preparing a festive brunch? I don’t know about you, but brunch sounds pretty spectacular, especially with this dish gracing the lineup!
Song of the day: “Burning Love” by Elvis Presley!
This Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast is amazing. Imagine lovely egg coated bread slices holding in crunchy peanut butter, rich luscious Nutella and some pretty tasty banana slices all fried up in a butter slathered pan to a nice golden brown. Do I have your mouth watering yet? Well, gather the family and come with me. Let’s make this French toast together! The end result, some pretty bright smiley faces! Furthermore, joyful bellies!
[This post was first published on August 22, 2015. It has been updated for photos, recipe, and writing.]
Sunday morning blues
It’s early morning, the sun is just peeking through the window of the kitchen. Once again I am up early due to two insomniac cats. Looking on the bright side, I can tackle some of my to-do list and it helps me keep my mind off of missing Nicoletta. Today I am redoing a recipe I had done years ago and one I know Nicoletta appreciated immensely! Breakfast for us is so important and Sunday is usually a time to pull out all the stops and sit to enjoy a beautiful and relaxing luxurious meal. I may be alone, for now, but the show must go on!
The menu for this morning is French toast but elevated to the most delicious thing you have ever tasted. This is what you will need so let’s get everything together:
- some day-old multigrain bread
- free-range eggs from happy chickens
- organic crunchy peanut butter
- Nutella (or good quality hazelnut spread)
- half and half cream
- pinch of cinnamon
- grating of nutmeg
- some sugar
- raspberries, blueberries
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
It is not the destination but the journey
This is my favorite part of making this French toast, opening the jar of Nutella and smelling those hazelnuts so creamy like soft chocolate, spreading it on the bread and of course after finishing this part getting to lick the spoon and knife. Nutella or any hazelnut spread is heaven in a jar.
Next, as I was preparing this, a thought came to mind, crunchy peanut butter. Because I love chocolate peanut butter cups, this would really take this french toast to extreme goodness, hence a good slathering of peanut butter. What would just finish this Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast? Exactly! Nicely thin sliced fresh bananas. I always want to say peanut butter and nana sandwiches, because that is what Elvis would say. Hence, definitely a hunk of burning love, lol. Elvis has left the building!
Time to put this bad boy together
- Firstly, batter time: whisk a few organic eggs free-range because a free-range chicken is a happy chicken and happiness makes for good flavor.
- Secondly, a dash of coconut sugar, some cinnamon, vanilla. If you want, you can spike it a bit with some rum cream and what better thing to use but a nice Jamaican rum cream.
- Thirdly, in go the Nutella, bananas, and peanut butter.
- Lastly, sandwiches get dipped into the egg, cream and spice mixture, then onto a nice hot pan. Can’t wait, my mouth is watering at the thought of cutting into these beauties and eating them!
This can get messy
The only way to get this sandwich into the egg mixture is with your hands so be prepared to get a little messy, however, it is all worth it and furthermore why they invented soap and water, lol.
Brunch is served
Finally, time to sit down with a great cup of coffee and this Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast. I had to call Nicoletta on WhatsApp. Felt kinda bad as I was eating this amazing breakfast. It would have been a million kazillion times better with my beautiful wife across from me in real living color! Although, it was nice seeing her face anyways. She always brings a smile to my face because she is so beautiful!
Okay, enough of that. Time to dig in!
This Nutella banana stuffed french toast is a great way to show how much your family is loved and means to you. Hence, why I highly recommend trying this!
I love the crisp edges of the egg slathered bread and how it leads you to this crunch of the peanut butter married to that rich hazelnut chocolate plus some pretty luscious banana slices! Add in the amazing maple syrup along with the berries and yogurt that freshen your palate. This breakfast has you singing some pretty big praises!
Make this Sunday morning special, work together with respect to one another and sit down to this lovely loving delicious scrumptious outrageously delectable Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast!
Happy Sunday Breakfast, everyone!
Song of the day: “Burning Love” by Elvis Presley!Print
Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast. These days people have no choice but have family time. Endless days and nights together, as a result, it could be stressful and aggravating. However, I know what would help eliminate that. How about this morning getting into the kitchen together and preparing a festive brunch. I don’t know about you, but brunch sounds pretty spectacular, especially with this dish gracing the lineup!
- 4 slices couple days old bread
- 3 teaspoons Nutella
- 3 teaspoons crunchy butter
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon rum cream (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dusting powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries and blueberries
- Take 2 bread slices and spread Nutella on each slice.
- Spread peanut butter out on the other 2 slices.
- Slice up banana in thin round slices and put onto peanut butter slathered bread.
- Put together two slices like a sandwich.
- Whisk in a bowl cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, rum cream.
- Place the bread into the batter.
- Take out and let excess batter drip off.
- Heat up butter in a pan and place the french toast sandwiches on to the pan.
- Cook till golden brown about 10 minutes, and turn over.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Serve with yogurt and berries.
Ready to serve!
The rum cream is optional you don’t have to put it in.
You can find all kinds of hazelnut spread, just buy a good quality one.
If someone has a nut allergy use jam, really good too!