That’s how one of our delicious breakfasts look like: Nutella Banana stuffed French Toast. Soft with crispy edges, oozy melting goodness inside, flavorful and lip-smacking good.
It’s early morning, the sun is just peaking through the window of the kitchen. Once again I am up early due to two insomniac cats. Looking on the bright side I can tackle some of my to do list and most of all I want to make Nicoletta a nice breakfast.
It is Saturday and usually we are off on an adventure searching out new local cafe’s to try, but today we decided to do breakfast at home then off to the market later. The menu for this morning is french toast but elevated to the most delicious thing you have ever tasted. We had some left over bread that my parents had made and french toast demands an old bread or it just is too soggy and falls apart. This bread has a nice crust which adds to the texture of soft yet crispy on the edges. The decadent Nutella, bananas, with little morsels of almond butter. So here you have it: Nutella Banana Stuffed French Toast.
This is my favorite part to making this french toast, opening the jar of Nutella and smelling those hazelnuts so creamy like soft chocolate, spreading it on the bread and of course after finishing this part getting to lick the spoon and knife. I know you want to taste it. I wish you could, Nutella is heaven in a jar. Next as I was preparing this a thought came to mind, almond butter, because I love peanut butter cups this would really take this french toast to an extreme goodness, so on goes nice dollops of almond butter. What would just finish this, nicely thin sliced fresh bananas.
We are set to start putting this Nutella banana stuffed french toast together.
Batter time: whisk a few organic eggs free range because a free range chicken is a happy chicken and happiness makes for good flavor. A dash of coconut sugar, some cinnamon, vanilla, and just for a beautiful finish some rum cream and what better to use but a nice Jamaican rum cream. In go the nutella, bananas and almond butter sandwiches and onto a nice hot pan, can’t wait my mouth is watering at the thought of cutting into these beauties and eating them.
Finally sitting down with my beautiful wife and eating the french toast. Absolutely amazing, decadent, can’t talk I am hitting range heaven. First the softness of the bread and egg followed by the oozing nutella and almond butter taking me back to those days of savoring a peanut butter cup and the banana, what a combination. A real breakfast winner and Nicoletta hasn’t said a word just some savory moans and fork to mouth motions, she’s so cute!
This Nutella banana stuffed french toast is a great way to show your love for someone or family, highly recommend trying this, I am leaving you now before Nicoletta finishes the rest.
- 6 slices couple days old bread
- 6 teaspoons Nutella
- 3 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rum cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
- Take bread slices and spread Nutella on each slice.
- Place 1/2 a teaspoon Almond butter out on each slice in chunks.
- Slice up banana in thin round slices and cover each piece of bread.
- Put together two slices like a sandwich. Cut in half.
- Whisk in a bowl cream, sugar, vanilla, rum cream.
- Place the bread into the batter.
- Take out and let excess batter drip off.
- Heat up canola oil in a pan and place the french toast.
- Cook till golden brown about 10 minutes, and turn over.
- Cook additional 10 minutes and remove from pan
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Serve with banana slices and fresh raspberries or any type of fruit you have.
- Serving Size: 3 servings
Disclosure: All links in our post are NOT affiliate links. They are only about products or places we normally purchase and like.