This pesto can also be frozen. Just place it in an air tight freezer container and place in the freezer. I recommend using it within the month as time and coldness do take away the flavor a bit.
I would also suggest place the container in a sealable freezer bag. This will ensure freshness.
When stored in the fridge, just make sure to always top with olive oil. It will last about a week to 10 days in the fridge.
- 4 cups beet greens, washed, spun with stems removed
- 1/4 cup e.v.o. oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 Tbsp Pecorino Romano, grated
- a handful of basil, washed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients minus the olive oil.
- Begin to blend pulsing, while slowly adding in the olive oil until the mixture is fully blended and the olive oil is fully added, and the desire consistency and texture is achieved. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Place in a jar and top with oilve oil and place in fridge.