Adapted on our recipe for No bake Blueberry Cheesecake.
- 2 cups Digestive cookies
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 container/227 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 oz. mascarpone, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups cherries, washed, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fruit juice, any kind
- 2 tsp corn starch dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
- Combine digestive (or graham cracker) crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until the crumbs have been thoroughly coated with the butter.
- Press into the bottom and sides of 10 mini mason jars. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk until smooth and creamy. Whisk cream in another bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust, using a spoon to flatten the top. Cover and chill a couple of hours.
- For the cherry compote: combine cherries and fruit juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently until it reaches a boil. Reduce heat, add the corn starch & water mixture and stir gently, for about 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spoon sauce over the cheesecake and let sit in the fridge for a couple hours before serving.