No Bake Lime Cheesecake with Greek Yogurt and Mascarpone, a simple, delicious dessert perfect for the hot summer months. You are going to love the silky smooth texture combined with the freshness and a slight tang from the lime.
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 100 g mascarpone
- 100 g cream cheese
- 130 g Digestive cookies
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 80 g raw sugar cane
- 5 g powder gelatin
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- In a food processor, crumble the digestive cookies.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the cookie crumbs, the melted butter, and a grated of lime zest until well-combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 20 cm springform pan. Set aside.
- In a small, heat-safe bowl, place the water and sprinkle the gelatin evenly on top. Mix to combine well, and allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes until the gelatin swells. Heat the mixture in a double boiler over low heat or in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until the gelatin is dissolved and the mixture has liquefied. Set the gelatin mixture aside to cool until no longer hot to the touch.
- In a large bowl, place the yogurt, mascarpone, and cream cheese, and beat with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy. Add the gelatin mixture and mix again until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla bean seeds, lime juice and zest, and beat until very smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared cookie crust and spread into an even layer. Place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator, unmold it, sprinkle more lime zest on top, then slice it and serve cold.
The prep time includes the 2 hours in the fridge.
If you do not have mascarpone, you can substitute it with the same amount of cream cheese.
If you cannot find Digestive cookies you can opt for Graham crackers.
If you want a taller cheesecake, use a smaller springform pan.