- 2 cups digestive cookies or graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 340 g mascarpone, softened
- 115 g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn or potato starch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- Combine digestive (or graham cracker) crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until the crumbs have been thoroughly coated with the butter.
- Press firmly into the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Whisk cream in another bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust, using a flat spatula to flatten the top. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- For the compote: combine blueberries, water, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently untilit reaches a boil. Reduce heat, add the potato (or corn) starch & water mixture and stir gently, as to not break the berries, for 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Fold in lemon zest.
- Pour sauce over the cheesecake and let sit in the fridge for a couple hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 10 servings