For the crust:
- 100 g (¼ cup + 3 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature*
- 100 g (1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp) cane or granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100 g (2/3 cup) rye flour
- 100 g (2/3 cup) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cardamom
For the filling:
- 250 g (1 heaping cup) fresh blueberries
- 250 g (1 cup) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp cane sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly butter a 28 cm (10″) tart pan with removable bottom.
For the crust:
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and light.
- Add in the egg, and mix.
- Stir in the flours, pinch of cardamom, and baking powder just until combined into a pliable ball.
- Place the soft dough onto your greased pan and use your hands to spread it into an even layer across the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Poke the bottom with a fork and bake the empty crust for 10 mins. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
For the Filling:
- While your crust bakes, in a bowl whisk together the sour cream, egg, sugar, vanilla, and cardamom. The filling will have a thin, pourable consistency.
- Spread the blueberries evenly across the blind baked crust. Carefully pour the filling over and around the berries and spread gently with a spatula until the crust is filled evenly.
- Carefully return to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, according to your oven, or until the edges are golden brown and the filling around the edges is set. The center should not look like uncooked liquid, but neither too dry and firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for about 30 mins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with ice cream or whipped cream if you like, maybe with a few extra berries on top.
* It is considered room temperature a temperature around 20–22 °C (68–72 °F).
The tart will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and the crust will soften as the days pass, due to the moisture in the filling.
I baked it again mixing blueberries and raspberries.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert, Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: dessert, finland, eat the world, blueberries, pie, tart, sour cream, cardamom, vanilla, egg, rye flour