- 4 cups left over mushroom risotto
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 medium bocconcini
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 litre of canola oil
- In a bowl mix mushroom risotto with 1 beaten egg, 1/2 cup of parmigiano and a couple of tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- If the mixture is still too soft put a bit more breadcrumbs till a nice consistency to make a ball.
- Cut bocconcini into small pieces and add to risotto.
- With a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and use another spoon to start molding the risotto into a ball.
- then flour hands slightly and mold mixture into a nice ball about 3-4 centimeters in diameter.
- Beat 2 eggs add some salt and pepper.
- Place risotto balls into egg mixture and coat well, then place in bowl with flour and coat well.
- Put arancini on a sheet and put into the fridge to firm up about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Take arancini and again place in egg mixture.
- In a bowl pour the rest of the breadcrumbs and place risotto balls in coating well, then place back on baking sheet and into the fridge till ready to cook.
- In a pot heat up 1 litre of canola oil
- Place arancini into oil slowly, and cook till nice and golden brown about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Take out and put on a plate with some paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
You can use any vegetable oil of your liking. If you want you can freeze arancini and use them at a later day, make sure they are packed well to prevent freezer burnt.