- 1 sheet commercial puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 smalll cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried (or fresh) thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white parts only
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 3 ounces grated Gouda (or Gruyère) cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, roll the puff pastry out to a 10" square.
- Using a sharp knife, gently score the pastry an inch inside the outer egde, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place the parchment with the scored pastry onto a baking sheet. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and the olive oil, then grate the garlic on a microplane into the pan.
- Add the thyme and 1/2 tsp parsley. Cook gently for 1 minute. Add the leeksand cook until they begin to soften.
- Add the chopped mushroomsand cook until they are soft. Place the mushroom filling into a strainer and let drain for a few minutes.
- Spoon the mushroom filling onto the pastry, being careful to keep inside the score marks. Add a grinding of black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pastry is Golden brown.
- Serve hot.
The tart is best eaten as soon as it is cool enough to handle. To reheat leftovers, pop under the broiler for a few minutes. Do not reheat in the microwave, or you will loose all the flakiness.
- Serving Size: 4 servings