- 600 g piece of chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 3 king oyster mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 10 Crimini mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 Tbsp evo oil
- 1 tsp onion and garlic powder
- Pinch of chili flakes and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp each of dried marjoram, thyme, oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of fine Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp white truffle oil
- 113 g plain good quality goat cheese
- 4 slices speck
- 8 slices of Italian Prosciutto Cotto
- 1 Tbsp evo oil
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 onion chopped
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 6 lemon slices
- Cut chicken in half lengthwise, cover with plastic wrap on both sides and pound with a meat cleaver until somewhat flat. Do the same for the other fillet of chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper lightly, then set aside in the fridge.
- In a cast iron pan drizzle in olive oil. Sprinkle in chili flakes and toss in garlic and shallot.
- Saute for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Throw in chopped mushrooms and season with salt & pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Add in marjoram, thyme, oregano, rosemary. Stir well and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the wine has dissipated.
- Take off heat and stir in stale bread crumbs and Italian fine breadcrumbs until well incorporated and set aside. If it is a bit dry add some vegetable stock.
- Take the two fillets of chicken and lay on a wood board.
- Place 2 slices of speck on each one, then divide the goat cheese in half and spread all over speck.
- Spoon stuffing on top of goat cheese, then start rolling the chicken to form a round roll.
- Wrap mushroom chicken roll in four Prosciutto Cotto slices. Do the same for the other fillet of chicken.
- Pre-heat oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a medium roasting dish place carrots onto the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the onion on top.
- Place wrapper mushroom chicken rolls perpendicular to the carrots. Cover with foil wrap and place in middle wrack of oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes then uncover and cook for another 25 minutes or until a thermometer placed into the center of the roll reads 165 degree F. Make sure to check different areas of the roll.
- Take out of oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- While the mushroom chicken roll is resting, toss a mixed green salad with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Place around the perimeter of a large wood board.
- Take roll and slice into 1-inch thick rolls and place into center of the board with the salad.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of rounds and salad.
- Place lemon slices sporadically onto salad.
- Ready to serve.
You can use any cheese you want, smoked Gouda or Provolone would be great too.
Make sure the slices of speck are thin but not too thin that it falls apart.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Main, Meat
- Method: Roasting/baking
- Cuisine: Mediterranean fusion
Keywords: chicken, speck, prosciutto cotto, goat cheese, king oyster mushrooms, crimini mushrooms, shallots, marjoram, oregano, thyme, rosemary