Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for two. If you're wanting a lovely appetizer for the New Year's Eve celebration, we are so excited to share this one. Baked potato slices, crispy, and soft meet sautéed succulent mushrooms and lovely cheesy melted Gruyère and Parmigiano. Comfort and elegance in a lovely dance of flavor and texture!
[This post is sponsored by Mushrooms Canada]
A year has past, wow!
I can't believe that 2021 is almost over, seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the end of 2020 and the beginning of this year. New Year's Eve to me is always special.
When we were young we were always at a banquet running around eating amazing food and counting down the moments before the New year with tears of sadness and joy. I didn't really understand it but cried anyway because my parents were crying! However, I really was crying because the older ladies were pinching my cheeks and kissing me, yuck!
This year things are different with the present situation, but I am not one to mope around and sulk. We need to celebrate all the good things and today I am going to share this wonderful recipe that will present so well and be adored for its tastiness! Come let's get into our kitchens and cook this Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for two together!
Here are the tools you will need for this Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for two!
- medium pot
- sauté pan
- good slicing knife
- wooden spoon
- large ramekins
These are the ingredients:
- 2 medium-sized red skin potatoes
- 10 cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons evo oil
- a pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- some fresh thyme and dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- some fine Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Gruyère
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano
Sautéing and Boiling:
You are probably thinking "why are we boiling the potatoes and sautéing the mushrooms"... Well, as for the potatoes, I love when they have that crispness on the surface and then you bite in and they are like mashed potatoes. This is achieved by boiling them a bit. More so, sautéing those mushrooms in all those seasonings and herbs will kick them up a notch plus give us that plumpness and juiciness that we want!
- For the potatoes cook in boiling water. We don't want them too soft where they fall apart. Need them to be firm enough to hold the stack.
- As for the mushrooms, I sauté them in a pan with olive oil, chili flakes, garlic, onions and some white wine and fresh thyme and parsley, and dried rosemary for herbs
- This is also a great time to butter and breadcrumb the ramekins.
Time to assemble these Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for two!
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Take the breaded ramekins, and place one of the pre boiled potato rounds on the bottom.
- Sprinkle with the grated Gruyère and Parmigiano, then spoon some of the sautéed mushroom mixture, followed by more cheese.
- Repeat this process until you have 4 layers of potatoes.
- Top the last layer with more grated cheese, the sautéed mushrooms and a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack until potatoes are crispy and fork tender, plus the cheese is melted and golden.
A little resting time goes a long way.
Because this is a stack, we don't want to take it out of the ramekin too soon, and more so, have it flop.
So this is what we want to do to have that beautiful end result:
- Take ramekins out of oven and let sit for 10 minutes, take a butter knife and separate the sides of the stack from the sides of the ramekin. Furthermore, using a fork, take the stack out gently and place the Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for two on plates.
A perfect New Year's Eve Date night!
Are you thinking of what to do for the New year's Eve? Why not a date night. Can be for a couple, a family, friends, whatever your heart desires. It is always a fun idea to have appetizers. Variety and easy to prepare, they are always a win win in our house. I think Nicoletta and I will have our date night at home and we absolutely love these Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for two!
Happy New Year Everyone!Print