Mom's Green Bean and New Potato Salad, is a delicious side dish that would be served at the summer's end in our Italian family. Fresh organic flavors meet the simple preparation of food in our culture. Beautiful fluffy moist starchy garden potatoes, and some lovely perfectly cooked French-style green beans tossed in e.v.o. oil, fresh chopped Italian parsley, and minced garlic, so so scrumptious!
- 160 g French green beans
- 18 baby potatoes, yellow and red
- 2 cloves garlic minced with center stem removed
- 2 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- a crackling black pepper
- a handful of fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- Wash potatoes and trim beans.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Place potatoes in and cook for 13 minutes.
- Add in green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan or wok heat up olive oil.
- Place in potatoes and beans and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Ready to serve.
- A great tip for using garlic and not having the breath that is associated with eating it is, cut garlic in half and peel out the center stem.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Boiling/sauteing
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: side dish, seasonal, green bean, new potato, Italian, vegan, organic, parsley, summer, family