This morning I was in the vicinity of The Italian Center shop and decided to stop in and get a few things the pantry needed and while there and sampling some of the cold cuts, which are beautifully laid out for tasting on the top counter of the deli, brought an idea to me about lunch. Grilled Panino. We were fortunate enough to win a panino grill and today it is going to come in handy. Something that I wanted to share was the feeling I got from shopping at the Italian store. I was feeling a little under the weather and as I began to witness the shoppers and being at the deli counter I began to smile feeling really happy inside, there was a downs syndrome child dancing next to me and people were busy getting things for Easter. I don’t know what happened maybe Easter spirit, but it felt really good to be in that energy and I took that energy home to my conversation with my wife and making this beautiful Panino.
And I know you’re going to say: this tastes amazing, all that spiced cold cuts, creamy goat cheese, juicy tomatoes, fresh crisp red leaf lettuce and a ciabatta bun layered with Gloria spread which is a pureed roasted red pepper sauce you can find at the Italian Center shop all made warm crisp and juicy gooey good. Try this one let me know how you do and what you think. If you want to make it vegetarian, equally as good!
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices hot genoa salami
- 1 ripe tomato
- 2 leafs of red leaf lettuce
- 2 table spoons goat cheese
- 2 table spoon Gloria spread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Pre heat grill on high.
- Cut ciabatta loaf in half.
- On one half spread goat cheese, on the other half spread Gloria spread.
- Lay the prosciutto, salami on the goat cheese.
- Place the tomatoes, lettuce and asiago cheese on top.
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt pepper.
- Place the other half of the ciabatta with Gloria spread on top.
- Place in grill and heat through till cheese melts.
- If you don’t have a grill use the oven and place some weight on top of the sandwich.
- Cut and plate with some olives and tomatoes dressed with olive oil and oregano.
- The next step is crucial, enjoy!!
Disclosure: All links in our post are NOT affiliate links. They are only about products or places we normally purchase and like.