- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 small sun chokes peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 600 g carrots, peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp miso
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 apple diced
- 1 green onion chopped finely
- In a medium soup pot bring vegetable oil to a medium heat.
- Toss in onions, carrots, celery and sun chokes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute till onions are translucent.
- Add in ginger, sugar, and sesame oil, stir well.
- Pour in vegetable stock, miso, and vinegar, and stir till all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Take off heat and with a Cuisinart (hand blender), puree till smooth and creamy.
- Gently place diced apple on top of soup.
- Sprinkle with some chopped green onion.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 servings